Monday, October 6, 2014

Multi-Plane Project (Animation)


Multi-Plane rendered out video.





Steps used to create multi-plane:


      This is my Multi-Plane project for Animation. My goal for this project was to make a animation of any setting and make it move across the screen realistically or like how you would see things move from a distance in the real world. For my setting, I chose to make a more lava like area with a lot of warm colors. My background layer was the sky and I use the gradient tool to make it darker near the top and lighter near the bottom. My other 5 layers were a volcano, lava, obsidian crystals, mountains and clouds.

     After creating the setting in photoshop with a composition of 5000x480 pixels, I then had to make sure that some objects appeared closer than others so I put the obsidian crystals as the closest to the screen, then lava, the volcano, mountains then clouds as the farthest from the screen so it has a better perspective look to it.

     After finishing those steps, I imported my creation into After Effects where I could make the screen move across. All I had to do was drag the objects to the right of the screen, place a position point then move it back across to the other side of the screen. Some objects were placed more farther to the right of the screen than others based on how close they were to the screen. Objects closer to the screen were placed farther so they moved faster and distant objects were placed farther from the right so that they moved slower.

     After positioning the objects, I rendered the video out and when played, it moves!

What I learned


     When making this project, I learned how to make objects appear and move as if a human was looking at it from their perspective. I also learned and got to used my creativity on this project. For the objects, I learned how to scale objects to make them larger and appear more closer and how to scale objects down and make them appear farther. Last thing I learned was how to make objects move slow or fast by positioning them in a certain spot on the screen and dragging to change speed of the object.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment