Monday, October 20, 2014

The Chase (Video Production)

First mystery short film!

  About project:

    
     The main scope of this project was to make a short video about a mystery. The mystery had to involve the main actor getting chased by something. We had to film multiple shots and at least one of each type of shot had to be included in our video. My groups idea for the video was to show the main person getting chased by basically themselves. Our person is struggling with a man vs. self conflict so it looks as if they are being chased by a invisible force but they are really imagining all of that in their head. At the end of the video, my group shows that by showing the main actor carry around a piece of paper with them at all times as they run from themselves and near the end they finally realize what they need to do in order to solve their situation. The actor tears up the paper which has writing on it and the frenetic conflict ends. While coming up with this idea, we had to storyboard our idea on paper to visualize how it would look with the different shots. For example, at the scene that involved the actor tearing up paper, we used a close up to show the writing on the paper. Along the way, I learned that everything you preplan can't always plan out perfectly. When we started filming there were a lot of changes we had to make in order for us to continue filming. We had to change the setting of a lot of shots or take out shots in order for the video to turn out right. Another thing I learned was that editing used up more time than filming the video because I had to delete a lot of unwanted shots and make things pop out more to the audiences eyes. I also had to find music to add in to the video which was very difficult mainly because I'm a indecisive person. If there is anything I could do differently about this video, I would of kept some of the shots that we drew on our storyboard because without them, the video turned out a little more different and it didn't really seem complete. What I would have done the same is keep the storyline the same. I thought our storyline was a great idea and was one of a kind compared to the rest of the classes stories. Experiences I will use to enhance my next project is cooperation. Cooperation is important so you and your partner can come to an agreement and I thought me and my partner did a good job cooperating with this project. I will also draw from the editing experience and be sure to have better time management when editing my future projects.
 
 
Link to video on Youtube:
 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment