Thursday, December 18, 2014

Marina & the Diamonds- Radioactive (Music Video)

First ever music video!

Brianna Correa lying down and singing with song.
Radioactive
     
      I chose to do a music video over the song Marina and the Diamonds- Radioactive. This was a long and first time process. My group that was involved in the music video includes Sky Tripp, and Brianna Correa, with a little extra help from Anthony.

 

Filming Process:

    
Brianna Correa and Anthony fighting between their relationship.
     The filming process for this video was very interesting. We had to preplan by setting up a story board which shows all of the shots you are going to take and use to make your story. We also had to use a beat sheet that we wrote on once we figured out our song. With group projects comes difficulties and with difficulties comes a solution that is needed. My groups main struggles were trying to agree upon a song and story. there was quite a bit of misunderstandings and communication issues but soon we got it resolved. That was not the only issue. After filming most of our shots, we lost our SD card which had all of our clips on it so we had to restart and soon we found the SD card and lost a lot of time which caused us to get behind big time. Me and my group had to come up with a plan, so Sky chose the song and then we all came up with a story together and could start filming. Some of the old clips were still put to use in the video. Our story is about a breakup between a girl character and a boy character and the girl must forget about it and move on. The girl character is played by Brianna Correa, the boy character is played by Anthony. After the filming was finished, we could then edit. During the edit, we added the music in and had to mark up each beat of the music so we could line the clips up with the beats. Overall I thought my edit was fine but I feel as if it could have had a better story line.


What I Learned:


*The responsibility that is needed when you work in groups, as well as the communication.

*How make simple music video using final cut pro

* Time management is a very important skill that is needed in all projects and something that I can learn to progress on as more projects are to come.

     I think me, Brianna and Sky all learned tons of lessons that we can use to enhance our next projects. I feel like I learned to not judge or disagree upon something until you actually know how well you like something. At first this song was a little iffy to me but as time flew by, it became acceptable to me.

Video link to Youtube:


    

 

No comments:

Post a Comment