Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Poly Thing! (Animation)

PolyThing

 
 
     The goal of this project was to create a poly thing. What's a poly thing? You may ask, well I'm not quite sure either. But I will most definitely describe what was need to create it.
 
 

Process for making the Poly Thing:  

    
      This project showed us how to use the difference option in the Booleans settings. It also used a lot of lighting as well. First I started off with a simple sphere, I then created three cylinders and aligned them in the center of the sphere. After that, I went to the different Booleans and selected difference and it created a sphere with six holes in it. When this object was created, I simply added a gold texture to it with a phong material to add a reflection and shine to the objects. Then I added a plane with a brighter color to make the object stick out when it is rendered out.
      
     Lastly, I added directional light around and inside the object to add shadows and light to the inside of the object so its not so dark inside.

What I learned:

 
     The main concept of creating this project was to introduce any animator to the lighting and differencing objects stage. These two concepts are very important when it comes to animation.

Extra screenshots:

 


No comments:

Post a Comment